If your site uses forklifts, no matter the size of the site or warehouse, developing a traffic management plan in your workplace is a health and safety issue for your workers. A well-designed plan should always integrate work flow requirements with safety measures.
Risk control measures include (but are not limited to):
- Hazard identification and isolation;
- Identifying efficient traffic routes;
- Correct MHE for your requirements;
- Pedestrian and forklift exclusion zones;
- Pedestrian access and safety barriers;
- Asset (building) protection (including rack protection if applicable);
- Visual and audio aids including signage, mirrors, flashing beacons and sirens;
- Safety zones for truck drivers;
- Floor and line marking;
- Containment fences;
- Speed limits and speed limiting devices.
A1 Precision Solutions staff have decades of experience and can assist your business with your traffic management plan, and supply all equipment and services (line marking, safety barriers, MHE, etc…). Call us today on 1300 265 291.
Download the related WorkSafe publication “Forklifts – Developing a traffic management plan”: https://lnkd.in/gaEDfJy
Call us A1 Precision Solutions for a free consultation: (03) 9238 4560
or visit www.a1precision.com.au